By Alexa Alfer
Read or Download A.S. Byatt (Contemporary British Novelists) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Supplying a provocative and unique standpoint on Shakespeare, Peter Holbrook argues that Shakespeare is an writer pleasant to such basically sleek and unruly notions as individuality, freedom, self-realization and authenticity. those expressive values vivify Shakespeare's personal writing; in addition they shape a continual, and a vital, a part of the Shakespearean culture.
Mo Yan, the main prolific author in present-day China in addition to one in every of its so much renowned avant-gardists, is an writer whose literary works have loved a tremendous readership and feature stuck a lot serious consciousness not just in mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan but in addition in lots of different international locations worldwide.
The Urgency of Now! : construction a real Nigerian NationBy: Angelicus-M. Onasanya, DBA
During this learn, Ronald Berman examines the paintings of the critic/novelist Edmund Wilson and the paintings of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway as they wrestled with the issues of language, adventure, conception and fact within the "age of jazz. " via focusing in particular on aesthetics—the methods those writers translated daily truth into language—Berman demanding situations and redefines many oftentimes approved rules about the legacy of those authors.
- Fictional Dialogue: Speech and Conversation in the Modern and Postmodern Novel (Frontiers of Narrative)
- "That the People Might Live": Loss and Renewal in Native American Elegy
- Remaking the Classics: Literature, Genre and Media in Britain 1800-2000
- Just Between You and Me (Vol. III)
- Imagining Equality in Nineteenth-Century American Literature (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- Philip Roth Considered: The Concentrationary Universe of the American Writer (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
Additional resources for A.S. Byatt (Contemporary British Novelists)
A.S. Byatt (Contemporary British Novelists) by Alexa Alfer