By Geoff Layton
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluate standards of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- offers exam-style questions and information for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for various classes including:
- OCR: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-1963
Read or Download Access to History: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-63 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
Finalist, PEN middle united states Literary Awards, study NonfictionRich in oil and strategically situated among Russia and China, Kazakhstan is without doubt one of the so much economically and geopolitically very important of the so-called Newly autonomous States that emerged after the USSR's cave in. but little is understood within the West in regards to the region's turbulent background less than Soviet rule, really how the regime asserted colonial dominion over the Kazakhs and different ethnic minorities.
Glasnost, most typically translated into English as "openness," used to be a key proposal of Mikhail Gorbachev's management as normal secretary of the Communist celebration of the Soviet Union. This tailored device of Leninist media regulate turned not just part of perestroika, Gorbachev's plan to rejuvenate Soviet ideology in the course of the Nineteen Eighties, but in addition an self sustaining idea that redefined how the USSR's media have been hired as an software of management.
This booklet explores Russia's wonderful good fortune of ushering within the area age through launching Sputnik and beating the U.S. into house. It additionally examines the formation of NASA, the race for human exploration of the moon, the truth of worldwide satellite tv for pc communications, and a brand new iteration of clinical spacecraft that all started exploring the universe.
Hy do america, united kingdom and Europe so hate Russia? How is it that Western antipathy, as soon as suggestion because of anti-Communism, can be so simply revived over a hindrance in far away Ukraine, opposed to a Russia not communist? Why does the West accuse Russia of empire-building, while 15 states as soon as a part of the defunct Warsaw Pact at the moment are a part of NATO, and NATO troops now flank the Russian border?
- Maria's War: A Soldier's Autobiography
- Taming the Wild Field: Colonization and Empire on the Russian Steppe
- The Post-Soviet Wars: Rebellion, Ethnic Conflict, and Nationhood in the Caucasus
- The Less You Know, The Better You Sleep: Russia's Road to Terror and Dictatorship under Yeltsin and Putin
- La mia lotta per la libertà: Un uomo solo contro il regime di Putin. Articoli, dialoghi, interviste (I nodi) (Italian Edition)
Extra resources for Access to History: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-63 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-63 for OCR Second Edition by Geoff Layton