By Karen Carrillo
This provocative examine the connections—and conflicts—between Latinos and African americans within the usa assesses the demanding situations dealing with either teams as they attempt to accomplish the yankee dream.
• studies song varieties (such as jazz, salsa, disco, and hip-hop), political connections, and intermarriages among Latinos and African Americans
• Examines arguable concerns comparable to the Trayvon Martin case, participants of the Mexican Mafia, and gang violence
• offers issues of team spirit among Latinos and African Americans
• Sheds gentle at the universal views and backgrounds of the 2 ethnic teams in addition to their cultural differences
Read or Download African American–Latino Relations in the 21st Century: When Cultures Collide (Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Culture) PDF
Best discrimination & racism books
Lately, the masks of tolerant, secular, multicultural Europe has been shattered by way of new different types of antisemitic crime. even though some of the perpetrators don't profess Christianity, antisemitism has flourished in Christian Europe. during this e-book, 13 students of ecu historical past, Jewish reports, and Christian theology research antisemitism’s insidious position in Europe’s highbrow and political existence.
Eliot Freidson has written the 1st systematic account of professionalism as a mode of organizing paintings. In ideal-typical professionalism, really good staff regulate their very own paintings, whereas within the unfastened marketplace shoppers are in command, and in paperwork managers dominate. Freidson indicates how each one approach has its personal good judgment requiring other kinds of information, association, occupation, schooling and beliefs.
Race and Society is a considerate and seriously attractive exploration of some of the key issues round race and racialisation, that have arisen in what's thought of to be a hugely varied and intricate society. With a revolutionary technique emphasising the social building of race issues within a post-racial period, relocating clear of essentialist and polarized reasons of raced interaction, Tina Patel: Introduces the most suggestions and key theories, together with their post-developments.
The concept that human races exist is a socially built delusion that has no grounding in technology. despite dermis, hair, or eye colour, stature or physiognomy, we're all of 1 race. still, scientists, social scientists, and pseudoscientists have, for 3 centuries, attempted vainly to turn out that particular and separate "races" of humanity exist.
- Ethnicity and Equality: France in the Balance
- In Search of the Black Panther Party: New Perspectives on a Revolutionary Movement
- Hunting for “Dirtbags”: Why Cops Over-Police the Poor and Racial Minorities
- The Diversity Bonus: How Great Teams Pay Off in the Knowledge Economy (Our Compelling Interests)
Extra resources for African American–Latino Relations in the 21st Century: When Cultures Collide (Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Culture)
African American–Latino Relations in the 21st Century: When Cultures Collide (Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Culture) by Karen Carrillo