By Elizabeth Leane
Read or Download Antarctica in Fiction: Imaginative Narratives of the Far South PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Supplying a provocative and unique viewpoint on Shakespeare, Peter Holbrook argues that Shakespeare is an writer pleasant to such basically smooth and unruly notions as individuality, freedom, self-realization and authenticity. those expressive values vivify Shakespeare's personal writing; additionally they shape a continuing, and a critical, a part of the Shakespearean culture.
Mo Yan, the main prolific author in present-day China in addition to one in every of its such a lot well known avant-gardists, is an writer whose literary works have loved an immense readership and feature stuck a lot serious consciousness not just in mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan but additionally in lots of different international locations around the globe.
The Urgency of Now! : development a real Nigerian NationBy: Angelicus-M. Onasanya, DBA
During this learn, Ronald Berman examines the paintings of the critic/novelist Edmund Wilson and the paintings of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway as they wrestled with the issues of language, event, notion and truth within the "age of jazz. " by way of focusing particularly on aesthetics—the methods those writers translated daily truth into language—Berman demanding situations and redefines many often approved rules in regards to the legacy of those authors.
- After Aesop: Improvisations on Aesop's Fables
- (Con)Fusing Signs and Postmodern Positions: Spanish American Performance, Experimental Writing, and the Critique of Political Confusion (Latin American Studies)
- Faulkner and Religion (Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha)
- No Barrier (A&R Classics)
- The Dystopian Impulse in Modern Literature: Fiction as Social Criticism (Contributions to the Study of Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- African Literature, Animism and Politics: Writing Africa (Routledge Research in Postcolonial Literatures)
Additional resources for Antarctica in Fiction: Imaginative Narratives of the Far South
Antarctica in Fiction: Imaginative Narratives of the Far South by Elizabeth Leane